❗ Be Aware: Some of the information in this page regarding levelling may be outdated. The revision of this pages and subpages are currently WIP
Remote supports our employees' development and growth within our organization and each employee drives their own development and growth. The role of a manager and the company is to support you and the direction you want to go in by removing obstacles, making connections and enabling you to grow. We've developed an organization-wide career paths blueprint. Career paths are built so you can take ownership of your own career growth and manage expectations for every step of the way. The route each employee may take will vary and most career paths are not linear, think of a career journey as a jungle gym/lattice - sometimes you go up, across and even down to get to where you want to be. Each move gives you something that will help you grow and each experience will add value 💫
How to use this page
Consider this page as a guide. It shows you various directions and paths that you can take and it shows you competencies and critical skills that are required for roles. Leverage this information and use it to partner with your manager on your own career development plan. Check out our ‘Developing Your Career’ Learning Hub or start your own development plan using this template ⭐
Every role impacts the company and yourself in different ways:
- 📔 Expectations - **Every role has certain expectations or table stakes for how someone is supposed to show up. These vary depending on the role and path and increase in complexity, challenge and scope as you move upwards throughout the company.
- 💵 Compensation - Every change in role will have a review to determine if there is a compensation impact. Please review our Guide to Total Rewards training for more information on our compensation philosophy and practices.
- 🕰️ Promotions - From 2024, promotions will happen twice a year - in Q1 and Q3. Read more about the process here
- 🏎️ Progress - You can move tracks (i.e.: People Management to Individual Contributor) and if performance and experience dictate even revert to a previous role.
- 🌍 Internal Mobility - At any time, you can review our internal open roles and apply for any of them. You will do an interview process and if successful, your role will undergo a compensation review but may not result in a change in compensation. Take a look at our Total Rewards training here
Remote Career Paths Blueprint
🛣️ To create your team career path, make a copy of this template and once populated, add here
- Customer Experience
- Payroll WIP
- Onboarding & Mobility
- Lifecycle Operations
- Executive Operations
- International Operations
- Op Risk
🏉 Remote Department Competencies
International Operations & Biz Ops Competencies
- How can I tell who is a people manager vs individual contributor if Manager is in the title?
- Can I move from one track to another?
- Does a people manager have better compensation packages than an individual contributor?
- Who decides when I get promoted?
- When will I be promoted?
- I think I should be in another role!
- What does it mean to move on to another role?
- Is there a particular time for promotions to happen?
- Can I be in the same role forever?
- Is there a limit of how many people can be in each role? Or a quota?
- I want to be a people manager but there's no team for me to lead yet, what now?
- I was promoted within 6 months before and now it’s been a year with no promotion even though I’m performing at a high level. What is going on?
- An employee on my team is performing well so should I promote them?
- Should I create a level for a job function if that level doesn’t currently exist?