Making sure our environment is safe, and everybody feels like they belong is important. Words are not enough, and practical, pro-active steps have to become part of our every day.
We appreciate that asking for accommodations during the interview process is daunting, and the responsibility is on us to build your trust in us.
You do not need to tell us why you are requesting accommodations. Please email your recruiter to discuss and arrange accommodations.
What are examples of how we work towards inclusiveness & belonging?
The standards we set in our internal policies.
Global HR Solutions & Employment Tools for Distributed…
Features in the Remote platform are compliant with WCAG 2.2 Level AA
[people] Belonging: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI)
Our day to day working style (which includes taking breaks!)
Working Async at Remote
[people] Self-care day
10 inclusive workplace practices for your remote team
What we advocate for.
How to support neurodivergence in the workplace with remote and async work | Remote
Understanding and supporting LGBTQ+ inclusion in the workplace
Give same-sex couples same parental leave rights as others, research says
How to build belonging for women in remote work
And what we prioritise as a company.
Remote for Refugees: Onboard refugee talent at no cost
Remote for Good: Expand your global team and your mission
Remote for Ukrainians
What does our recruiting team already do?
- collect anonymous and voluntary demographic information from applicants to stay accountable
- encourage applicants to share their pronouns with us, if they want to
- recruiters & hiring managers who are comfortable doing so, share their pronouns
- encourage applicants to share their name pronunciation with us, if they want to
- run a candidate feedback survey and share the results publicly
- published our advice when it comes to interviewing at Remote
- hire for values alignment & culture contribution not culture fit
- before we advertise a position we create a job description with input from the Hiring Manager, Recruiter, and People Partner
- everybody who is part of the interview process at Remote attends our internal training which includes educating them on unconscious biases and how to combat them
- adverts are run through a gender decoder based on research that masculine coded adverts cause less women to apply
- agree the timeline for take home tests with each person
- where possible all take home tests will be graded anonymously to encourage interviewers to grade candidate's tests by the quality of work and reduce the potential influence of bias
- clear instructions and calendar invite for accessing Google Meet interviews
- our sourcing team checks internal diversity data to drive diversity sourcing decisions
What is our Recruiting team currently working on implementing?
- building a strong relationship with Remote Culture Connection groups (Queer, Women, Disability, Minorities, and Belonging) to partner on projects (our RCCs are known as Employee Resource Groups in other companies)